Sunday, January 24, 2010

Beauty, the Natural Way

I have been using some natural, yet frugal home recipes for my skin and hair for a while. What a great way to save money and reduce the use of chemicals that are found in many products. I want to share some of my  oldies, but goodies, and some of the my newly located recipes for you.


1. Sugar and face wash - I combine my existing face wash with sugar for a natural way to exfoliate my skin.
2. Salt and body wash - I combine my existing body wash (liquid) with salt and it works great to exfoliate my flaky skin.

3. Yogurt (plain) and honey mask - use approximately a tablespoon each and apply to face, leave on for 10-15 minutes.

4. Mayonnaise + (with or without) avocado - mix approximately 1/2 cup of mayonnaise and (1) mashed avocado and leave in for approximately 10-20 minutes and shampoo.

5. Apple cider vinegar - I have never used, but it is supposed to be good for adding softness to hair and ridding impurities.

6. Oil hair treatment - I have never used this, but it looks promising. Allow 1/2 cup of olive oil and 1/2 cup of water to boil. After, cooling down to a safe temperature, apply to hair and leave on for 30 minutes with a hair cap. Shampoo after.

No comments:

Post a Comment